Petite Filet tender cut filet steaks broiled to desired doneness and topped with fresh butter for a tantalizing experience.
- 4 8-oz. filet mignon steaks
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened Kosher salt fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat broiler to high for 25 minutes.
2. Dry filets with a paper towel. Coat each filet with butter on all sides; season with salt and black pepper.
3. Put four oven proof plates on the bottom rack in the oven until ready to serve.
4. Cook the filets in broiler pan, placed about 5 inches from the heat. Flip halfway through cooking time to desired doneness:
• 4 to 6 minutes per side Rare
• 5 to 7 minutes per side Medium Rare
• 6 to 8 minutes per side Medium
• 7 to 9 minutes per side Medium well
• 8 to 10 minutes per side Well
5. Once meat is done, use a pot holder to carefully remove plates from oven. Place one tablespoon butter on each. Once the butter melts; place steak on dish; garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.