Steak sandwich recipe traditional philly sandwich done with Southwestern flair.
- 1 white mushroom diced
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 oz lean tenderloin steak
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 flour tortilla (8″ diameter)
- 1 tablespoon diced tomato
- 1 teaspoon diced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon finely-chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 slice bacon cooked
- lettuce, for serving
- sour cream, for serving
- salsa, for serving
1. In small saute pan, melt the butter and saute the mushrooms; season to taste with salt and pepper.Remove the mushrooms when done and save the butter left in the pan.
2. Cut the steak in long, thin strips. In separate skillet,fry beef until cooked through; drain; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Sprinkle cheeses in center of tortilla; top with tomato,onion, cooked mushroom and cilantro. Crumble bacon over the top. Top with beef; season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Bring sides of tortilla up and fold burrito style. Butter top and bottom of sandwich with reserved butter.
5. Preheat your grill. Grill over medium heat. Cook 2 minutes per side.
6. To serve: Slice tortilla in half diagonally. Serve with lettuce, sour cream and salsa.