- 4 cups wholewheat flour
- 4 cups flour, all-purpose
- 2 cups wheat germ
- 1 cup milk — nonfat dry
- 1/3 cup baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt — pancakes-
- 1 1/2 cups dry mix — *
- 1 eggs — beaten well
- 1 1/4 cups milk, skim — or water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- Make your own nutritious, homemade pancake mix.
- Store the dry mix in an airtight container–add the wet ingredients when you are ready to prepare
- Combine the mix with the egg, milk, and oil. Do not overmix; the batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a TEFLON pan, or other pan spray with nonstick cooking spray, over medium heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto the heated pan. When the cakes are bubbly on top and brown on the bottom, flip and brown on the other side.