- 3 oranges, seeded, chopped
- 3 lemons, seeded, chopped
- water (equal to whole fruit)
- sugar (equal to cooked fruit)
- Measure chopped fruit and place in heavy saucepan.
- Measure equal amounts of water and pour into saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand in a cool place for 24 hours.
- Again bring to a boil and cook over high heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand in a cool place for another 24 hours.
- Measure out fruit mixture.
- Add equal amount of sugar.
- Again bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for another 15 minutes, or until mixture begins to gel.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour into hot sterilized jars.
- Vacuum seal.