Mothers Day Strawberry-Stuffed French Toast
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 8 slices bread, white or whole wheat
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 T. milk
- 4 T. butter, optional
- 2 T. powdered sugar, sifted
Warm Strawberry Syrup
- 1/2 C. maple syrup
- 2 T. orange juice or Grand Marnier
- 3/4 C. pureed strawberries
1. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon; mix until smooth.
2. Spread one side of each slice of bread evenly with the cream cheese mixture. On the cream cheese side of four slices of bread, layer with some sliced strawberries evenly over the surface of each slice.
3. Top each slice with a remaining slice of bread, pressing the cream cheese side down onto the strawberries.
4. Press together gently to seal berries inside sandwich.