- 4 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs.
- Mix together eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Stir in apples. (The amount of apples makes this a very dense batter.).
- Pour batter into a 9×13 greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour, and check for doneness.
- It may take up to 1-1/2 hrs to bake.