- 4 cups mixed vegetables
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves — minced
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- black pepper — to taste
- 1 cup fresh parsley — finely chopped
You will need a total of 4 cups fresh vegetables cut into bite-sized pieces.
Some good choices are:
green beans, broccoli flowerettes, cauliflower, red and green bell peppers, whole baby carrots, zucchini and hearts of celery.
1. Combine all ingredients except 1/2 cup parsley in a large, heavy pot.
Add enough water to cover vegetables.
Cover tightly and cook over medium heat until vegetables are just tender but still crisp.
This will take 10-12 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, remove cover, and let vegetables cool in the pot.
When cool, transfer to serving dish.
Cover; chill to allow flavors to blend.
Bring to room temperature to serve; top with remaining parsley.