Pepperoni Pasta rigatoni with a medley of roasted bell peppers, pepperoni, and garlic in an Italian seasoned herbed vinaigrette with tomatoes, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and pistachios – topped with Parmesan.
- 1 lb. rigatoni (large size)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil herbed vinaigrette dressing
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 oz. thinly sliced pepperoni, divided use (cut 1 oz. in strips, leave 1 oz. sliced)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, cut in strips
- 1/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped Parmesan cheese shavings, for garnish
1. In large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water; drain; refrigerate.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Using grill or broiler, roast peppers, charring skins well. Place in paper sack, plastic bag or in bowl covered tightly with plastic wrap to allow to sweat. When cool enough to handle, remove charred skin using a paring knife; discard charred skins. Julienne skinned peppers into strips.
4. Meanwhile, coat garlic cloves with olive oil and roast in preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes; cool.
5. In large mixing bowl combine vinaigrette, tomato, rigatoni, peppers, garlic cloves, pepperoni strips, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, rosemary, salt and pepper.
6. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
7. To serve: Place pasta in large serving bowl; add fresh cut basil and pistachio nuts; toss lightly.
8. Garnish with sliced pepperoni, fresh basil and shaved Parmesan. Serve immediately.