A candy like cookie made in a skillet.
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a saucepan over medium heat combine the butter, dates, egg yolks and sugar. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Remove from heat stir in the puffed rice cereal, chopped pecans and vanilla. Stir and let cool.
3. When you can handle roll into small balls then roll in confectioners’ sugar.
Original recipe yield: 24 small cookies.