Almond and Raspberry Cheesecake
- 1 cup vanilla wafers
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds Fresh raspberries for garnish
1. Crust: In a food processor process wafers until fine crumbs. Mix wafer crumbs, almonds and butter
together. Press mixture in bottom of greased 9−inch springform pan. Chill for 1 hour.
2. Filling: Beat cream cheese, ricotta cheese and sugar together. Add next 5 ingredients. Mix well. Pour
mixture over crust. Sprinkle top of filling evenly with raspberries and almonds. Bake at 350 degrees F
for about 1 hour until center is almost set. Turn oven off. Run knife around edge of pan. Cool in oven
with door ajar for 2 hours. Chill for 6 hours or overnight.
Garnish with fresh raspberries!