- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
Lemon juice to taste
1. Blend the sugar and butter together then stir in the unbeaten egg, milk and vanilla.
2. In another bowl, sift together flour, soda and cream of tartar.
3. Sift into creamed mixture. Add enough flour to roll very thin then cut.
4. Place on baking sheet and add filling then place a second cookie on top, pressing edges tight.
5. Cut a small hole in top. Bake in a 375-degrees oven until done.
6. For Raisin Filling: Stir together the raisins, sugar, and boiling water and cook over low heat until thickened. Add the lemon juice and cool.