- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk About
- 3/4 cup water
1. Mix dry ingredients with fingers. Stir in water with a fork. Knead and divide into 6 parts.
2. Pat into 4 (8-inch) circles 1/4 inch thick. Fry in oil heated to 365 degrees F until brown.
3. Spread each taco with refried beans, lettuce, tomato, scallion, cheese, avocado, sour cream and taco sauce or salsa.
Makes 4. To use for a dessert, spread with butter and honey or confectioners’ sugar.