Sweet Corn Cake perfect as a side dish but sweet enough for dessert. The corn-flavor goes especially well with chicken dishes.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick butter), softened
- 1/3 cup masa harina
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups creamed corn
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place butter in medium bowl and using electric mixer, beat well until creamy.
3. Add masa harina and water; continue beating until well combined.
4. Add creamed corn to the bowl and stir to combine.
5. Add cornmeal and stir to combine.
6. In separate bowl combine sugar, cream, salt and baking powder; whisk until well blended.
7. Using a wooden spoon, combine both mixtures; mix well.
8. Pour into ungreased 8 x 8-inch baking pan and cover with aluminum foil.
9. Place this pan into a 13 X 9-inch baking pan. Add hot water to pan (do not pour over 8 x 8-inch pan) to measure about 1/3 up the sides of the pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the corn cake is cookedthrough. When the corn cake is done, remove the small pan from the larger pan and let sit for at least 10 minutes. Carefully discard the hot water from the larger baking pan.
10. To serve, scoop out each portion with an ice cream scoop or rounded spoon.