Lemon Crumb Bars
- 1 pkg/box (18.5 oz) lemon or yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg, plus
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups finely crushed saltine crackers (1/4 lb)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl, beat cake mix, margarine and1 egg with mixer until crumbly.
2. Stir in saltine crumbs. Reserving2 cups of crumb mixture, press remaining crumbs into bottom ofgreased 13×9″ baking pan.
3. Bake 20 minutes With mixer or wire whisk,Beat 3 egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice. Spreadover prepared crust.
4. Top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 25minutes or until set. Cool. Cut into bars. Store covered inrefrigerator.
makes 24-36 bars