- 4 Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Salt — optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper — fresh ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Grated lemon zest
- 3/4 pound Fresh asparagus — trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 4 Slices low-fat turkey ham
- 8 Lemon slices — for garnish
In med. bowl, combine chicken, lemon juice, 1/2 of the salt, pepper and lemon zest.
Toss to mix.
On a large flat plate, coat the chicken with the seasoned bread crumbs.
Spray Pam on a non-stick skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown outside and white throughout (but still juicy–about 5-7 minutes).
Place chicken on a serving platter.
Meanwhile, steam the fresh asparagus for approx. 5-7 minutes.
When done, season the asparagus with the remaining lemon zest and salt and pepper.
Divide asparagus into 4 bundles.
Wrap each asparagus bundle with a slice of the turkey “ham” and place on top of chicken.
Garnish with lemon slices.