- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup of medium-dice ham
- 1/2 cup of medium dice cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of sliced scallions
- Cut two 10-inch circles of parchment or waxed paper; Use one to line a 10-inch round cake pan;
- Reserve the second piece.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together into a mixing bowl; Make a well in the
center of the flour mixture; Add one cup of medium-dice ham, one-half cup of medium dice
Cheddar cheese, and one-half cup of sliced scallions to the dry ingredients just before blending in
- Add the cream to the flour mixture and stir by hand just until the batter is evenly moistened.
Place the dough into the lined cake pan and press into an even layer; Cover the dough with the
second parchment paper circle; Freeze the dough until very firm, at least 12 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350˚F; Prepare a baking sheet by spraying it lightly with cooking spray
or lining with parchment paper.
- Thaw the dough for 5 minutes at room temperature; turn it out of the cake pan onto a cutting
board; Cut the dough into 10 equal wedges and place them on the baking sheet about 2 inches
- Bake the scones until golden brown, 30-40 minutes; Cool them on the baking sheet for a few
minutes then transfer to cooling racks; Serve the scones warm or at room temperature; Serve
baked scones the same day they are made or freeze for up to 4 weeks.