- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or more if you like alot of vanilla)
- 1 3/4 cups milk (more or less to make smooth consistency)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a med. size bowl.
- Then add enough milk and stir until smooth.
- Add eggs.
- Add vanilla.
- Stir again.
- If needed, add more milk. The batter should be a bit on the thin consistency side.
- Let these set for about 5 min, and they will thicken a little.
- Drop batter on either a ungreased griddle, or a non stick fry pan on medium heat.
- The first pancake is always the test to see if your pan is on the right heat.
- You can make these any size you want, but grapefruit size is the way grandma always made them.
- This recipe can also be halved. And, these freeze up great! I freeze them for my family for a quick
breakfast, or after school snack.