- 3 tablespoon butter
- 4 shallots chopped
- 1 green apple, peeled cored and diced
- 1 pinch dill
- 2 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 banana sliced
- 1/2 lb green prawns in bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 salt to taste
1. Melt butter in saucepan, saute apple and shallots until soft.
2. Add curry powder and cook for a minute longer. Stir in flour, add apple juice. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Add salt and dill, simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add prawns and scallops, cook until almost tender, add banana 5 minutes before end of cooking time. Stir in cream, heat through. Serve with fluffy or fragrant rice.
4. NB In this as in many recipes I use evaporated skim milk in lieu of the cream, and thicken if necessary. Better for the arteries, with no great compromise in taste or texture.