These frosted pecans are a festive snack for any holiday occasion. This recipe was originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 cup white sugar salt to taste
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
2. Toast pecans for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool.
3. Fold sugar, salt and pecans into egg whites.
4. Increase oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Melt butter or margarine on a sheet pan.
5. Spread the nut mixture over pan and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Original recipe yield: 12 servings.