Creamy Crab Soup
- 1 pkg (10oz/300g) frozen chopped
- 1 spinach
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 cup light cream
- 1 cup imitation crabmeat; coarsely
- 1 chopped
- 1/2 cup bick’s tangy dill relish
1. Cook spinach in chicken broth. Saute onion in butter in large saucepan until tender.
2. Add flour and seasonings, stirring until smooth. Stir in spinach mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture just comes to a boil and is thickened. Stir in cream, crabmeat and relish. Heat through, do not boil.
Note: This soup freezes well. Reheat slowly, don’t boil. It’s also nice with a can of crab meat or small shrimp.