Recipe From: Kay Ray Sykes
- 2 heads of califlower
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1/4 cup whipping cream salt & pepper to taste
1. Core and steam cauliflower until fork tender.
2. Take out of pot and let drain for about 2 mins. Put cauliflower in bowl, add butter, salt & pepper and beat with a mixer. Gradually add cream until desired texture.
- 1-1/2 cups lentils
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red peppers
- 1/2 cup snipped coriander leaves or parsley
3. Lemon peel for garnish, if desired Cover lentils with water, and soak one hour. Heat lentils and water to boiling (rinsing the beans between soaking and cooking can reduce gastric disturbances, if that’s important to you). Cook 45 minutes, adding water if necessary. Drain lentils well. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet. Stir in onion, salt, turmeric, cumin and red peppers, cooking over low heat until onion is tender. Put some of this mixture aside, for garnish, if desired. Stir lentils into oil and spices. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, 20 minutes. (Watch carefully to prevent burning.) Just before it’s done, stir in coriander leaves or parsley. Before serving, sprinkle with reserved onion, and garnish with strips of lemon peel, if desired.