Crab Cakes a combination of lump crabmeat and fresh cod fille combined with a fine blend of seasonings.
2 lbs. jumbo lump crabmeat
1/2 lb. fresh codfish fillet
1/2 to 1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
2 tablespoons basil, julienned salt and pepper to taste juice of 1/2 lemon olive oil for sautéing
1. Remove shells from crabmeat, picking through, being careful not to break up the large lumps of crabmeat too much; set aside.
2. Place cod fish in food processor and puree; add ½ cup heavy cream; puree until incorporated. If needed, add additional cream. This mixture should be smooth and shiny, but firm enough to hold its shape.
3. Transfer to metal bowl; add remaining ingredients except for olive oil. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
4. Heat oil in heavy skillet. Place a small portion of mixture in pan and saute until golden brown; taste to adjust seasoning.
5. Form mixture into crab cakes and saute in hot oil until golden brown on both sides. Transfer cakes to baking sheet and place in preheated oven to finish cooking, 4 to 5 minutes.