Clams In Black Bean Sauce
- 2 1/2 lb clams
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon szechwan chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 scallions minced
- 2 teaspoon ginger root minced
1. Place clams on steamer rack over water in saucepan. Cover and bring to boil. Cook 5 minutes, or just until shells open. Drain. Combine broth, black bean sauce, sherry, cornstarch and chili sauce; set aside. Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat.
2. Add onion and ginger; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add clams and black bean sauce mixture; cook and stir 30 seconds, or until sauce boils and thickens and clams are hot.
3. Serve plain or over hot, cooked noodles, as desired.