- 1/4 cup unsifted full-fat soy flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder dash salt
- 6 eggs, extra-large
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 T cold water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 T sweetener (or equal to 6 T sugar)
- 2 tsp butter extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 4 small bread pans, each measuring 6 x 3 1/2 x 2 inches, by spraying with Pam and greasing lightly. Set aside.
2. Sift together soy flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside. Beat egg whites until foamy, add cream of tartar, and continue beating until stiff but not dry. Beat yolks until thick and lemon-colored. To the yolks add water, cinnamon, sugar substitute, and butter extract, beating until thoroughly combined. Sift in soy flour mixture and beat again until smooth.
3. Fold a little of the beaten egg whites into the yolk mixture and blend thoroughly. Then very gently fold in remaining whites, being careful not to break them down.
4. Divide batter amount the prepared pans, Place the pans in the oven and bake 1 hour. Store loaves in the refrigerator in a plastic bag, punctured with 2 or 3 small holes on each side. To serve, slice each loaf in 8 slices. Try this bread with Whipped Cream Cheese or with cream cheese and surgarless strawberry jam.