- 1 (15 oz.) can of stewed tomatoes
- 5 c. water
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed (I don’t peel mine)
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion chopped into chunks
- 4 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans (or whatever kind you have on hand)
- 2 c. leftover cooked chicken, cubed
- Put tomatoes, water and bouillon in a large saucepan.
- Add salt an d pepper to taste and bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables and return to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 3 0-4 0 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and cover, simmering for 30 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are tender.
- Add chicken and beans and increase heat to medium.
- Continue cooking for 5-10 minutes until beans and meat are heated through.