Cherry Garcia Recipe The first ice cream named for a rock star. This blend of flavors is a real treat for the taste buds.
- 1/4 cup shaved semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup fresh Bing cherries, halved and pitted (if canned cherries
- are used, drain the syrup)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
1. Place shaved chocolate flakes in small bowl. Place cherries in separate small bowl; cover both and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. In medium bowl, whisk eggs until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes; gradually whisk in sugar until completely blended, another minute or so. Add cream and milk; whisk to blend.
3. Transfer mixture to ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
4. When the ice cream begins to thicken (about 2 minutes before it is done), stir in chocolate and cherries; continue freezing until ice cream is done.