Just break this candy into pieces and enjoy. Everyone who has tried it loves it and I hope you do too – HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
1. In a saucepan over low heat, combine the butter, sugar and 1 cup chopped almonds. Stir constantly until mixture boils, then do not stir or shake. Heat to 300 to 310 degrees F (149 to 154 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard, brittle threads.
2. Pour onto a large buttered cookie sheet. Immediately press chocolate chips onto the hot candy.
3. As the chocolate melts, spread it into a coating over the candy.
4. Sprinkle finely chopped almonds over the top; cool, and break into uneven pieces.
Original recipe yield: 5 dozen.