- 1 Bell pepper, red
- 1 Bell pepper, green
- 1 1/2 ts Olive oil, divided
- 1 t Rosemary, fresh choped Or
- 1/4 ts Dried crushed
- 1 Garlic, clove, minced
- 1 tb Red wine or broth
- 12 oz Lamb, bonles,loin,sirloin
- 4 French Bread 5″length
- 1/2 c Mozzerela,low fat,grated
- 1/4 c Parmesan cheese
1. Roast red and green bell peppers in preheated 400 F oven 20-25 minutes. or until skins are slightly charred and shriveled. Remove from oven, transfer to plate, wrap with plastic wrap and let stand 10 minutes.
2. Remove peppers from plastic, peel off skin remove seeds and cut into strips. Set aside. In large bowl combine rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, garlic and wine or broth; add lamb and marinate 1 hour. Heat remaining oil in large nonstick skillet.
3. Add lamb and sear on all sides. Place lamb on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer in center part of lamb ond roast in preheated 375*F. oven to internal temp of 140*F. about 27-34 minutes, or to desired doneness. Or grill 15-20 minutes. To construct sandwiches thinly slice lamb and arrange on four of the bread halves, alternating with red and green pepper strips.
4. Top with mazzarella and Parmazon cheese. Pace under broiler until cheeses melt, bubble and turn light brown. Add top halves of bread and serve