Cream Cheese Topped Brownies
- 1 c. butter or margarine
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 c. powdered baking cocoa (Hershey’s or store brand)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. flour
Cream Cheese Marbling:
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 4 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1. In a lg. mixing bowl combine in the following order: butter, 2 c. sugar, vanilla extract, 4 eggs, cocoa, baking powder, salt and flour.
2. Grease 9×13″ baking pan. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Prepare the cream cheese topping: in a separate mixing bowl beat until smooth: 1 egg, 1/4 sugar and softened cream cheese.
4. Drop spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture on the brownie batter. Run knife lengthwise across pan dragging through the cream cheese. Turn pan and drag knife again across the pan to marble the mixture, but not combine.
5. Bake in 350 oven for 30-35 mins. or until brownies just begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool. Cut into bars.
Makes about 24 brownies