- 6 ounces smoked cooked ham
- 4 (4-inch square) slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices turkey breast
- 8 slices bread Oil (for frying) Confectioners sugar Raspberry jam Wooden picks Layer
- 2 slices ham,
- 1 slice cheese and
- 1 slice turkey on each of
- 4 slices of bread.. Top with remaining bread slices. Press sandwich firmly together; cut into quarters. Secure with wooden picks. Heat oil to
- 375 degrees F in heavy
- 3-quart saucepan or deep fat fryer. Prepare Batter. Batter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
1. To prepare batter, combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
2. Beat eggs and milk; stir into flour mixture until smooth.
3. Dip each sandwich in batter to coat well. Fry 3 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
4. Remove wooden picks. Sprinkle with sugar. Serve with jam.
Makes 4 servings.