Jalapeno Macaroni Cheese new twist on mac and cheese for those that like the heat. Jalapeno peppers give this dish that extra kick.
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 lb. cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup jalapeno juice (from jar)
- 1/2 lb. Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s Seasoning (see page 170)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 lb. Perciatel (10-inch macaroni noodles)
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
1. In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add cream cheese; mix until well blended; add heavy cream; whisk well to combine. Whisk in jalapeno juice; mix well.
2. Add Cheddar, stirring until Cheddar is completely melted. Add sliced jalapenos, salt, Tony C’s and flour; continue whisking until thoroughly blended.
3. Spray loaf pan with non-stick spray; preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Spoon a layer of cooked macaroni in prepared loaf pan; top with cheese sauce; add another layer of macaroni; top with cheese sauce. Top with bread crumbs, cover, and place in preheated oven. Bake 30 minutes; uncover and bake and additional 20 to 30 minutes or until light brown.