Pot Stickers dish. deep-fried won ton wrappers filled with ground turkey, ginger, onions and water chestnuts.
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 egg
- 1/4 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced water chestnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 won ton wrappers (3 x 3-inch size)
1. Preheat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F. or heat 1 to 2 inches of oil in a heavy skillet – just enough to cover pot stickers.
2. Beat egg in small bowl; set aside.
3. In another small bowl, combine turkey, ginger, green onion, water chestnuts, soy sauce, peppers, salt, and garlic powder; mix well to blend. Add 1 tablespoon beaten egg. (The remaining egg will be used later.)
4. Using a round 3-inch diameter cookie cutter, cut the centers of won ton wrappers to make circles.
5. Spoon ½ tablespoon of turkey mixture into center of won ton wrapper; brush some of the beaten egg around half the edge of wrapper; fold over wrappergathering as you seal, making a crinkled edge. Make sure you seal the edges well. Repeat with all wrappers.
6. Fry pot stickers, a few at a time, in hot oil for 5 minutes or until browned; drain on paper towels.
7. Serve with hoisin sauce for dipping.