Original Pan Pizza the crisp exterior and spongy interior crust with just the right toppings to recreate this famous pizza. A soft, light and delicious dish.
- 9 oz. vegetable oil (3 oz. per pan)
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup non-fat dry milk
- 1 1/3 cups warm water (105 degrees F)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for dough)
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- shredded mozzarella pepperoni, sausage, vegetables, olives, peppers, onions, etc.
1. Pour 3 oz. vegetable oil into each of three 9-inch round cake pans; spread evenly; set aside.
2. In large bowl, place yeast, sugar and dry milk. Add water; stir to mix well; allow to rest for 2 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons oil; stir to combine. Add flour and salt; stir until dough forms and flour is absorbed.
3. Turn dough out onto lightly floured, smooth surface and knead 1 minute; divide dough into 3 pieces using a sharp knife.
4. Roll one piece of dough at a time into a 9-inch circle; place in prepared cake pans.
5. Spray outer edge of dough with cooking spray; cover each pan with a plate; place in warm area and allow to rise for 1 to 1 ½ hours. Place a large towel over the plates to prevent drafts.
6. Place all ingredients for sauce in bowl; whisk well to blend; cover and refrigerate for one hour. Removefrom refrigerator 15 to 30 minutes before baking pizza. For Each 9-Inch Pizza:
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. For each pizza:
2. Spread 1/3 cup sauce over dough using the back of a large spoon—spread to within 1-inch of edge.
3. Evenly sprinkle 1 1/2 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese over sauce.
4. Place toppings of choice over cheese. Pepperoni, vegetables, cooked meats (cooked ground sausage or beef) would be placed over cheese in that order.
5. Sprinkle 3 oz. (additional) mozzarella over toppings.
6. Bake in preheated oven until cheese is bubbling and outer crust is brown.
7. Using pizza wheel, cut into 6 or 8 wedges.
Makes 3 9-inch pizzas.