Chocolate Maple Nut Bars
- 1 1/2 c Flour; unsifted
- 2/3 c Sugar
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 3/4 c Margarine or butter; cold
- 2 Eggs
- 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 ts Maple flavoring
- 2 c Nuts; chopped
- 1 c Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in margarine until crumbly.
2. stir in 1 beaten egg. Press evenly in a 9×13″ pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk, remaining egg and flavoring; stir in nuts.
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the prepared crust.Top with the nut mixture.
5. Bake for 25 minutes more or until lightly brown. Cool. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Makes 24 – 36 bars.