- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons all−purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons coffee brandy or espresso or just strong coffee
- 1 (8 ounce) package French or Italian ladyfingers, crispy type
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted semisweet chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a pan of water on the bottom oven rack.
2. Crush the package of ladyfingers to fine crumbs. Melt the butter or margarine, and add to the crumbs. Moisten with 2 tablespoons of the coffee brandy or espresso. Press into an 8 or 9 inch springform pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, mascarpone, and sugar until very smooth. Add 2 tablespoons coffee brandy or espresso, and mix. Add the eggs and the flour; mix SLOWLY until just smooth. The consistency of the mascarpone can vary. If the cheesecake batter is too thick, add a little cream. Do not overmix at this point. Pour batter into crust.
4. Place pan on middle rack of oven. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until just set. Open oven door, and turn off the heat. Leave cake to cool in oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and let it finish cooling. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight, before serving. Right before serving, grate some semisweet chocolate on the top.