- 1 package lime gelatin powder
- 1 cup water
- 7 ounces lemon-lime soda
- 1 cup applesauce
To make frosted grapes for decorations: Beat an egg white until
frothy. Dip the grapes into egg white then immediately roll in sugar,
preferably superfine, and then lay on waxed paper until dry. Use tinted
sugar for more color variety.
1. Place lime-flavored gelatin into bowl; add 1 cup very hot water
and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Blend in a 7-ounce
bottle of lemon-lime carbonated soft drink. Chill this mixture until
consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
2. Lightly oil a decorative 1-quart mold with vegetable oil; do
not use olive oil. Invert mold to drain off any excess oil.
3. When gelatin is somewhat thickened, add 1 cup thick applesauce.
Blend quickly. Pour mixture into mold and chill until firm.
4. Unmold onto serving plate and surround mold with frosted grapes
and sprigs of mint.