- 2/3 cup Water
- 5 tablespoons Butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 cup All-purpose flour
- 3 each Eggs
- 3/4 cup Shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Small spinach leaves
- 8 each Cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 cup Raw cauliflower — sliced
- 1/4 pound Raw mushrooms — thinly sliced
- 1 cup Frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 cup Celery — thinly sliced
- 2 each Green onions & tops — sliced
- 6 each Hard-cooked eggs
In a 2-quart pan, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil. When butter
melts, remove pan from heat and add flour all at once. Beat until well
Return pan to medium heat and stir rapidly for 1 minute or until a ball
forms in middle of pan and a film forms on bottom of pan.
Remove pan from heat and beat in eggs, one at a time, until mixture is smooth and
glossy. Add cheese and beat until well mixed.
Spoon into a greased 9-inch round pan with removable bottom or
spring-release sides. Spread evenly over bottom and up sides of pan.
Bake crust in a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes or until puffed and
brown; turn off oven. With a wooden pick, prick crust in 10 to 12
places; leave in closed oven for about 10 minutes to dry.
Remove pan from oven and cool completely. Remove crust from pan.
Prepare egg- vegetable salad. In a bowl, stir all ingredients except eggs together
as listed. Coarsely chop the 6 hard-cooked eggs; gently fold into
Line bottom and sides of boat with spinach leaves. Cut each tomato in half.
Pile egg salad over spinach and garnish with cherry tomatoes. Cut boat in thick wedges.