- 1 small red cabbage — about 18 oz
- 1 red apple — crisp
- 1 clove garlic — finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion — quartered and thinly
- 4 ounces goat cheese — broken into large pi
- 1 tablespoon parsley — chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh marjoram — finely chop,or 1/8 t
Quarter and core the cabbage. Cut the wedges into thin pieces, 2 to 3
inches long and set aside. Cut apple lengthwise into sixths, cut out
the core, then slice the pieces thinly, crosswise.
Put the garlic, vinegar, and oil in a wide saute pan over a medium-high flame.
As soon as they are hot, add the onion and saute for 30 seconds. Add the
cabbage, and cook for about 2 minutes. Season with salt, freshly
ground black pepper, and more vinegar, if necessary.
Add the goat cheese, apple, and herbs. Toss briefly and carefully before serving.