Parker House Crab Cakes
- 16 oz lump crab meat
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cup cracker crumbs, unsalted
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 whole eggs, blended
- 1 flour
- 1 olive oil
1. Saute peppers, onions, shallots, and garlic in 2 Tbs olive oil. Set aside and cool.
2. In a mixing bowl, add crab meat, parsley, basil, sauteed onions, peppers, shallots and garlic. Mix thoroughly.
3. Add cream and about 1 cup of cracker crumbs. The mixture should be stiff enough to shape. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Shape crab mixture into oval cakes. Dip into flour, then egg mixture, then remaining cracker crumbs. Shake off excess cracker crumbs.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour. 6. Heat 2 Tbs olive oil in heavy skillet. Saute cakes until golden brown. Present 2 cakes per person.