Louisiana Sandwich Piled high with thinly-sliced ham, turkey and cheddar cheese, the rib-tickling Louisiana Sandwich was popular at the turn of the century when they were a midday staple.
- 2 tablespoons spoonable Thousand Island dressing
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 ounce thinly sliced turkey
- 1 ounce thinly sliced ham
- 1 ounce thinly sliced cheddar cheese
- 1 leaf red cabbage
1. Spread dressing evenly onto each slice of bread.
2. Top one slice with turkey, ham, cheese and cabbage.
3. Top with remaining bread slice, dressing-side down.
4. Leave sandwich whole or cut into halves as desired.
Makes 1 serving.