- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 recipe lemon glaze
1. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, lemon peel, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl.
2. Beat in egg, sour cream and lemon juice until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.
3. Drop dough by slightly rounded tablespoons 3 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 degrees oven about 8 minutes or until tops are firm.
4. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack. Brush the tops of warm cookes with Lemon Glaze. Cook.
LEMON GLAZE: In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.