7-up lemon cheesecake with strawberry glaze recipe
- 2 c Graham cracker crumbs 1/2 c Powdered sugar 1/2 c Butter; melted 1 ts Cinnamon
- 7-Up Filling
- 1 pk Unflavored gelatin 1 1/2 c 7-up; divided 1 sm Lemon pudding & pie filling, not instant 6 tb
- Sugar 2 Eggs; beaten 3/4 c Water 11 oz Cream cheese; softened
- 1/2 c Strawberry jelly; melted Fresh strawberries or unsweetened frozen, thawed whole strawberries
- Crust: Combine well the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter.
- Press onto bottom and partway up sides of buttered 9″ spring form pan; chill.
1. Filling: Soften unflavored gelatin in 1/4 cup 7-up for 4 minutes. In a saucepan combine pie filling, sugar, beaten eggs and water. Blend well.
2. Add 1-1/4 cup 7-up and bring just to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in softened gelatin; cool 3 minutes.
3. Add 1/2 cup of this warm mixture to softened cream cheese; mash together. Mix together with remaining 7-up mixture and stir until well blended. Turn into chilled crust and chill for at least 8 hours. Remove from pan and add topping.
4. Topping: Brush top of chilled cheesecake with melted jelly. Arrange strawberries upright on cake and spoon any remaining melted jelly over them.