Lazy Salmon Cakes
- 1/2 cup mashed potato,
- 1 medium
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon or orange peel dry
- 1/2 teaspoon dry dill or
- 1/4 c fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dry cilantro /fresh parsley
- 1/4 medium onion, chopped
- 7 1/2 oz can salmon, no skin, bones
- 1 egg
1. Re “Lazy” – this was based on a recipe posted by Michelle Bass, Cooking Echo, Sept 17/93. I was too lazy to bake the potato, beat the egg white or make the sauce.
2. Mash potato and allow it to cool. Mix with lemon juice, seasonings, onion and then mix in the salmon. Mix in beaten egg.
3. Form the mixture into 4 patties or 6 smaller ones. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Spray or wipe with canola. Fry the cakes for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Serve with lemon wedge.
4. Makes 2 servings for hungry eaters, 3 smaller ones. Shared and tested by Elizabeth Rodier, Oct 93