Glazed nuts are a favorite holiday snack, and are very simple to make. Use walnuts, pecans, almonds, or a mix.
- 1 cooking spray
- 1 cup eggnog
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 cup butter, chilled
- 1/2 (11 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped almonds
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and vanilla.
3. Add nuts, and stir to coat. Spread evenly onto prepared pan.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until well toasted and golden brown.
5. Remove from oven, and cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Original recipe yield: 1 pound.