FRUIT TOFU-BASED ICE CREAM
- 2 1/2 t Unflavored gelatin
- 1/8 t Salt
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1 1/4 c Frozen fruit and/or berry -juice concentrate, thawed
- 10 ea (oz) soft tofu or silken -tofu, drained
- 1/4 c Safflower oil
- 3 T Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 t Vanilla extract
1. Sprinkle gelatin over 3/4 cup water (in saucepan) and allow to sit 3 minutes. Cook over very low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
2. Mix in salt and sugar and cook, stirring to dissolve sugar.
3. Remove from heat. In blender, or processor, combine juice, tofu, oil, lemon juice, vanilla, 3/4 cup water and process until very smooth.
4. Add gelatin mixture. Freeze in ice cream machine, according to manufacturers, instructions,Makes 1 quart.