Fiery Catfish Fingers
- 1 cup yellow or coarse ground mustard or; a combination
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoon tabasco pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 lb catfish fillets, cut into bite siz; ed strips
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart vegetable oil
1. In the South Folks grow up loving catfish, which is plentiful in the bayous and rivers. Now it’s farm-grown, and northerners are discovering its mild and versatile flavor.
2. We coat bite-size fingers of catfish fillets with plenty of Tabasco sauce and deep-fry them for a knock-your-socks-off appetizer.