These top-rated bars are reminiscent of rocky road candy.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan. In a small mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar; beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir flour mixture into the creamed egg mixture. Spread batter into the greased 9×13 inch pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Sprinkle marshmallows over top of the baked bars; bake 3 minutes more. Cool. Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave on high until melted together. Cook one minute at a time, stirring after each minute.
3. Stir cereal into the chocolate mixture. Spread the chocolate mixture over the cooled bars. Chill, cut into bars and refrigerate.
Original recipe yield: 2 1/2 dozen.