Cilantro-Lime Rice fluffy rice with a hint of citrus and cilantro.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup white basmati rice, uncooked juice from one lime
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped cilantro
1. In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over low heat.
2. Add rice and lime juice, stir for 1 minute.
3. Add water and salt, and then bring to a full boil.
4. Once boiling, cover; reduce heat to low and simmer for about 25 minutes. The water should be completely absorbed.
5. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.