Chocolate Chip Butter Cake
- 8 oz Butter or Margarine
- 2 c Sugar
- 4 Eggs, separated
- 2 2/3 c Sifted Cake Flour
- 2 ts Baking Powder
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1 c Milk
- 2 ts Vanilla
- 5 oz German Sweet Chocolate Bars
1. Cream butter and sugar together. Add yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
2. Add sifted dry ingredients, alternating with milk and vanilla. Add in thirds, beating until smooth after each addition. Grate chocolate coarsely, reserving 1/3 cup for the topping.
3. Beat whites until stiff and fold into batter, add remaining chocolate to batter and mix. Pour in a greased and floured 9×13 pan.
4. Sprinkle the top with the 1/3 cup of grated chocolate. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes.