Choco Colada Cheesecake
- 2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9−inch−diameter springform pan with 2 3/4−inch high sides. Wrap outside of pan with heavy−duty foil. Combine cookie crumbs and butter in medium bowl; mix to blend. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of prepared pan. Bake crust until firm to touch, about 8 minutes. Cool crust completely. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 32 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all−purpose flour
- 4 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes Additional sweetened shredded coconut
1. Stir chocolate in top of double boiler set over simmering water until smooth. Remove from over water. Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until smooth. Gradually add sugar, beating until blended. Beat in flour. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating to blend after each addition. Beat in cream and both extracts. Stir in 2 cups coconut.
2. Transfer filling to crust. Drizzle melted chocolate over filling. Using small knife, swirl chocolate and coconut batter together on surface, forming decorative pattern. Place cake in large baking pan. Add enough hot water to baking pan to come 1 inch up sides of cake pan. Bake cake until just set in center and firm around edges, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
3. Remove cake from water. Cool on rack. Cut around pan sides to loosen cake. Cover cake with plastic and refrigerate overnight. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
4. Release springform pan sides. Transfer cake to platter. Sprinkle additional coconut around top edge of cake.